As we bid farewell to the year 2019, we remind ourselves the ups and downs we had in the whole year. Some of us may cherished the greatest moments of lives in this year, and the others had the worst. I wish and hope, you guys, had the super duper 2018 with many many fond memories, and fulfillment of your resolutions.
At every beginning of the year, we promised ourselves to achieve certain thing which we name as the ultimate goal of the year or a New Year Resolution. So, before speaking of the New Year Resolution, why not highlight and analyze the resolution we made in the recent year 2019.
To me, my year 2019 resolution was to read books as many as possible.. More than I read in the year 2018, which were about 9 (books) in numbers [mentioned here]. Although, the resolution of 2019 was formally about ‘Reading book a week‘, which I clearly broke out in the first week of the year. However, the progress was quite reasonable, as I read the highest number of books in this year all over in my life.
So starting from where I left in the year 2018, the first book of my year 2019 following others as well was:
- Kiranchi Wala (کرانچی والا) by Akhtar Baloch
- Parliamentary Attributes of Quaid-e-Azam by Dr. Umer
- An era of darkness: The British Empire In India by Shashi Tharoor
- Game Changer (Auto biography of Shahid Afridi)
- The History of Russian Revolution (تاریخ انقلاب روس) by Parshad Kanwal
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
- The Little Book of Stoicism: Timeless Wisdom to Gain Resilience, Confidence, and Calmness by Jonas Salzgeber
- Political Philosophy by Johanna Olsinki
- Scholars of the East ( دانشِ مشرق )
- Seerat-un-Nabwi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم by Maulana Shibli Naumani & Syed Salman Nadwi (Vol I)
- Zero to One by Peter Theil
- Story of Benito Mussolini ( داستانِ میسولینی )
- Mind Platter by Najwa Zebian
- Why Nations Fail
- Shoe Dog by Phil Knight (A Memoir from the creator of Nike)
- Lets Come and Become a Dream by Sahir Ludhiyanvi / آؤ کہ کوئی خواب بنیں– مصنف : ساحر لدھیانوی
- سفرِ عشق مصنف : مبشر علی زیدی
- برقعے – مصنف : سعادت حسن منٹو
- اس شہرِ خرابی میں – حبیب جالب
- عہدِ سزا – حبیب جالب
- ہماری آزادی مولانا ابوالکلام آزاد
Although, as per the year 2019 resolution, it seems far less than it actually have to be… nevertheless, something is better than nothing when specially there were 21 books.
With that, I hope and wish you would’ve a year with full of reading too, as I believe living in today’s world (and specially in a third world country), friendship with a book is necessary and inevitable.
Will share the reviews of the above mentioned books soon. Till then, a Happy New Year!!
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”